Psychological Services Offered at JPM:
In many cases, pain and medical disorders bring with them more than just physical discomfort. They are often associated with changes in your emotional state – including depression and anxiety.
We know the significant impact pain can hae on all aspects of your life, including:
- Loss of job and changes in finances.
- Changes in relationships with loved ones, including intimacy.
- Changes in your ability to engage in pleasurable activities and hobbies.
- Loss of social support from friends and co-workers.
- Changes in your ability to cope and stress and problems
The role of a psychologist specializing in pain management is to address these losses and changes. Psychologists provide individuals with skills to assist them to manage their pain and control their lives.